SKINCARE ROUTINE

Little did you know, this topic is requested. I would not say highly requested, but since you so politely asked for it, I am going to give it to you.




I am going to talk about both morning and night skincare routine because it is not like I use so many products that I have to divide them in two. What you see above is the products that I use daily and non-daily, recently and not so recently. Before I start explaining these products, I am just going to say that this is how I take care of my skin. I am not saying this is the most perfect way or the only way to do it because different person has different skin type and skin problem. You might need more products or even less than I do.

My skin is not perfect. I do get pimples once in a while, especially during my period. (Thank you, unstable hormones!) And my skin, ever since I came back to Indonesia, is leaning towards normal to oily side, so for those of you who have the same skin type as mine, feel free to try any of these products out if you want. One last thing is that these products are not claimed to be used for normal to oily skin type only, so if you have dry skin and want to give these products a try, go ahead.

Shiseido White Lucent

So, first of all, after washing my face, I will use this toner from Shiseido, morning and night. It is a Japanese brand, I believe. This toner claimed to brighten your skin and the main ingredient is Japanese Cherry Blossom, but it does not smell. I have been using this toner for almost three years now and the packaging has changed since the first time I used it. To be honest, I prefer this packaging because not only it looks better, I can see how much product I have left because previously, the packaging was not transparent so it was hard for me to know and the packaging was a lot heavier.

How I use this product is very easy. I use one cotton pad and pump the product onto it ONCE and spread it all over my face. This product is quite expensive, so I recommend to only use one pump instead of two. My face is pretty wide and big, so if one pump works for me, it should work on you who have smaller faces. The product will then last longer and you can save your money.

Blackheads Sebum Gel

This next product is used to remove blackheads and whiteheads, so I apply this product on my nose only. Just use the tiniest amount because, how big can a nose be? Also, this is a very new product to me. I got it free when I shopped in Malaysia. I do not know how I feel about this product. I kind of did not see it worked on me. Maybe it was because I stopped using it after a week or so since it did not show any improvements. So quick to judge, I know, but I am an impatient person. I also think that my blackheads are not that terrible, so. But I might try using this product regularly again (morning and night) just to make sure if it really works.

TheFaceShop Chia Seed range

Soothing Mist

This mist is my life saver! I apply this after toner in the morning. I am the laziest person you will ever meet in this world. There, I said it. This product acts like a moisturizer that you can easily use throughout the day, but I only use it once in the morning. I have to keep my skin hydrated since I often stay in air-conditioned room, but when I am lazy, which is most of the time, I do not apply moisturizer and only use this mist. All I do is spray, spray, spray. How convenient and fast. I sometimes use this mist before applying makeup too. It is just a mist, so it will not make your skin super oily. I would definitely repurchase it, but since it is discontinued, I will have to buy the mist from other range, which is the mango seed range. Though I am sure they work just the same.

Hydrating Emulsion


If your skin is extra dry, then you can apply this moisturizer after the mist. Usually, when I remember the importance of taking care of my skin, I will apply this moisturizer instead of the mist. This chia seed range, I believe, is for all skin types, so I still use it even if my skin type has changed.

Chia Seed Water 100 - moisture holding



From this range, this is what I use at night after toner. This product gives more moisture compared to the previous two. My skin was pretty dry when I was in Australia, especially during winter. This helped condition my skin even though I only applied it at night before sleep. You may use this in the morning too if your skin is really dry on that day. There is no rules when to apply this, really. However, I think night time is the best time to restore your skin because you do not wear makeup at this point. I am sure you do not want to look super oily during the day whether you have dry skin or not. But at night, especially when you are just going to sleep, you should not mind applying something like this. Your skin needs moisture!

THE SMIM Eye Cream


Different range, but this is also a product from the same Korean brand, The Face Shop. I use this eye cream after toner, before moisturizer, at night time only. I apply it around my eyes with the applicator that attached to it.



As you can see, I squeezed the cream out, put it on the back of my hand, and used the applicator to spread it across my skin and kind of massaged the skin a little bit. So when I apply the moisturizer at night, I will avoid the eye area.

SAN JUN BI Sakura Water Cream and Peeling Gel

Most of you probably have never heard of this brand and I had never heard of it myself until I visited Japan months ago. I have been loving these two products so much. It makes my skin so smooth, both the water cream (moisturizer) and the peeling gel. The moisturizer is for morning and night, but I only use it at night because I already have two other products I can use in the morning. Yes, I use this moisturizer and Chia Seed Water 100 alternately. I could not wait to try this product, but I did not want to waste the other one, so I decided to use both of them alternately. Thankfully, it does not irritate my skin. What I also like about this moisturizer is that it has gold flecks in it. The descriptions are all in Japanese, so I do not know what it is for, but I love them and they make me excited to use the product more.

Can you see the gold flecks? Yes, this water cream is so fancy.

Moving on to the peeling gel, I use it once a week, sometimes once in two weeks. It really depends on how often I go out and put on makeup. They recommend me to use this product twice a week, but I do not want to keep peeling my skin when I think I do not really need it. I do not know if peeling your skin too often can make your skin more sensitive or not, but it is best to avoid it.

How I use this peeling gel is: I wash my face and dry it, spread the gel all over my face and rub it until I see some of the balling (the tiny white balls that make you think they are your dead skin, but actually not), and then rinse it off.

Aaaaand, that is all. You might find my combination of used products odd, but as I said, it works for me and I am quite happy with my skin right now.


If there is anything you would like me to write or anything you would like to know, do not hesitate to leave a comment or reach me on my Instagram. A hello would be appreciated too.

Comments