Nivea Skincare Products Review

As promised, I am back to show you the products I received when I joined Nivea event. Not only I am showing you what was inside the goodie bag, but I am also reviewing the products. Just keep it in mind that all these opinions are my own. Nivea DID NOT tell me what to write nor pay me to do this. Also, the products that I like could be the ones you do not like and what is suitable for me might not be suitable for you. But as always, I will give you my honest opinions. So here are the products that I have been testing for a week.


Let's start with the makeup starter or what we usually call "primer". Surprise, surprise. Nivea has its own face primer. I was surprised too when I found out. It says "2 in 1 Moisturizing Day Serum" because it moisturizes the skin and protects it from the sun since it has SPF 33 in it. I think Nivea did not create this product to only work as a makeup base, so it is fine for you to use it even when you are not wearing makeup. To me, this is more than just a regular primer.


Does this primer make my makeup last longer? I am not 100% sure because I have not put on heavy makeup to get an accurate answer. However, I have done an everyday makeup look and a no-makeup makeup look and my makeup stayed throughout the day. The thing is, that kind of makeup look always stays on my face, so it is hard for me to say it is because of this primer.

Do I like this primer? I love it. Why? Because I do not have to put moisturizer or sunscreen underneath my makeup as long as I apply this primer. The great thing is the consistency of this primer is very thin, but it does moisturize my skin. It does not make my skin oily even if it acts like a sunscreen. It gives me the right amount of sheen. So if you have dry skin, this product should be your bestfriend.


Not sure if you can tell, but my left hand is more dewy

Your face is not the only thing that needs moisture, but your lips do too and of course Nivea covers that as well. Here is the Nivea Lip Butter.


There are different flavors, but both of mine are the cocoa ones. I wished I got different flavors so I could try them out, but since this cocoa one smells so amazingly good, I just cannot complain anymore. It smells like almond, but also smells like chocolate, and vanilla too. All my favorite smells in one. It smells so amazing. Period.

Does it have a taste then? Not at all.

Does this lip butter make my lips super oily? No. It says "butter", yes, but it does not make your lips super oily that it feels uncomfortable. I apply it before I do my makeup just so when I am done with it, my lips will feel nice and moisturized and look good and they are ready for me to put lipstick on. I apply this lip butter whether or not I use liquid lipsticks. I also use this even when I am not having makeup on and I also include this lip butter in my night time skincare routine.

I take it with me everywhere because of how convenient the size is. The only thing I do not like about it is that I have to dip my finger into it. Not very hygienic, is it? But it makes my lips so soft and smells so good, I cannot say no to it. And I will probably purchase the other flavors just to try them out.

Before

After (you can see it is not overly oily)

Now that we are done with the primer and the lip butter, let's move on to the makeup remover. So Nivea has her own Micellar Water and it looks like this.


I have used it on my face and it does not irritate my skin and I think that is because it does not contain alcohol. And it does not smell.




This is the darkest foundation I own. I used it on purpose to let you see how Nivea Micellar Water cleans the foundation. If you look at picture #5 closely, you can tell the difference between the area that I have cleaned and the area that I have not. I am impressed with the result and since it does not irritate my skin, I will continue to use it.

I also tried to remove waterproof eyeliner and liquid lipstick with this micellar water. See the result yourself.


The micellar water is not made to remove waterproof makeup, but do not worry because Nivea has an Eye Makeup Remover for you that you can use to remove any waterproof makeup.


Same as the micellar water, this eye makeup remover does not irritate my skin too, not even the sensitive area around my eyes. How to use this product is very easy. You only have to shake it first so the oil and water mixed together, then you can drop some onto your cotton pad and remove your makeup instantly.



Amazing, isn't it? Tell you what, I have removed my entire makeup only using this eye makeup remover and it cleared my makeup so fast. It is, of course, oilier than the micellar water, but I do not mind that. Usually I wash my face straightaway after I remove my makeup anyway. But if you remove your makeup because you want to do another look and you find this eye makeup remover too oily, then the tips I have for you is to wipe your face once again using the micellar water. That if you want to use the eye makeup remover for your entire face. I genuinely think that these two products are a very good combination. Well done, Nivea!


Cleaning your makeup does not stop there. You must wash your face too to remove any remaining dirt and oil. If you say that eye makeup remover is too oily, then there is no excuse for you not to use this cleansing foam. I have nothing bad to say about this product because it is that good. It cleans my face really well and it makes my skin feel so fresh. I can actually feel it remove the oil on my face after I use it.


Last product is the Extra White Firming Body Lotion. It is for all skin types. To be honest with you, I have only used this lotion once. I personally do not like to put lotion on my body because most lotion can get very sticky, especially when you sweat. I hate hate hate hate hate that sticky feeling, but this Nivea Body Lotion does not feel sticky at all. It also feels smooth on the skin. It does not irritate the skin. Still, it is not my favorite because of the smell. I am very picky about anything I put on my body because I want to smell nice. This body lotion though, the smell is not my favorite so I cannot use it. I wish it smelled like the Nivea Cocoa Lip Butter. However, it is not going to be wasted since I am giving this lotion to my sister.


That is all. Apparently I love all these products, except the body lotion. (I can always find something to complain about, can't I?)

Here is the review video I did to let you see even better how these products work.

Comments